to clarify re: my last post —
when she said she hated nanowrimo, she did so with a jovial expression. it was not meanly stated.
i can see why she would hate nanowrimo, though. it takes her approximately four months to write a book, and even then she has scrapped the four months of work and started over fresh. she writes because she has ideas that she wants to perfect and share, not because she has to meet a wordcount. it’s probably really annoying to spend so much time on your work and earn accolades only to hear random crazies saying, “hey, yeah, i’m a novelist, look how much i have accomplished!”
because she has done all of what nanowrimoers do and more. only then she got famous for it.
…but i still love nanowrimo. js.
met maggie stiefvater.
she told me that she hates nanowrimo.
…so that happened.
and now a moment of silence for the first draft of my 2011 NaNoWriMo novel…’cause that shit was bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s.
but now it is decidedly less terrible, and i firmly believe that i can get it through its first round of edits in time for our june trip to maine.
I JUST HAVE EXCITEMENT IN ME OKAY. OKAY.
- Aaron: Something something something Lesbian Honor Society.
- Me: Oh my god, that is a great title. I'm going to use it for my next book.
- Aaron: Do you need me to tell you the plot?
- Me: Yes.
- Aaron: Okay. There is this girl who used to be popular, but has since been ousted. She has no purpose in life, but then she meets this goth girl, and the goth girl is like, "Why don't you have friends?" So she invites the girl to a party and is like, "Do you know my friend Margaret?" And the girl says no. And goth girl is like, "She's my friend. My lesbian friend. And also I am a lesbian." And then they become friends. And goth girl mentions how she wishes the school would recognize her for both her lesbianism and her academic prowess. So they start a lesbian honor society, and the girl realizes that there are scholarships involved, and she wins one. But then it comes out that she is not a lesbian and she loses all of her friends. Again.
- Me: Um.
- Aaron: Epilogue: Lesbian orgy.